This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot save settings for Data Fields in Garmin Connect IQ

My "Save" button in Connect IQ Data Fields settings is doing nothing. Is dead.

What can I do? Thanks.

• As I wrote, it works for me, as well as for any other person using Garmin that I know (including all users of my own CIQ apps). And except of the few users posting here, I do not see any complaints about it on the forums either, so it is likely some weird unusual problem concerning only you and a few others. Will certainly not be easy to track down. In your place, I'd try connecting to the Internet through an alternative Internet connection (from a different IP address), and also would test it with a different phone.

well 18 emails ;ater and no response,

Call or use the chat option. And check your spam folder, replies from Garmin might have easily landed there. Happened to many.

• I had the same problems. Only solution: Connect IQ app version 2.10. The last version that worked on my old phone (Android 8). With my new phone (Android 13) I can use the latest versions of Connect Mobile and Connect IQ.

• Garmin Express workaround works, and that is definitely an issue of Garmin Mobile, not an app, tried several ones - none of them work. 

As for the amount of users having the issue - that is not just some users. There is at least several posts discussing that, I found this thread easily as well as version that still works (4.48), so users tracked it down to the specific version.

I also have seen a discussion in a local device forum in Garmin subforum, so things happen 

Also note that the function is not the one used frequently - last time I used it was a year ago to update subscription. 

There is definitely an issue, it can be tracked easily as soon as Garmin communicates with someone who has it. 

• Call and chat yep they just pass you one and say they will be intouch.. As to email..... Oh why did I not think of  that!!!!    Oh wait I did...

• The odd part is it just started...Was happily using 2.15 for sometime and then it just began on that version. and previous versions back to 2.11 and ANY new version...   SO what did  garmin do???  That s the question here...But Like I have also said Garmin express for nearly two years just would not connect to CIQ and would constantly say server connection... I stopped Updating GE  as it never fixed the issue and low and behold  3weeks ago it just started working  a cross all my machines(1x win7 , 1xwin8.1 and 2x win10)   Updated to latest and still works..  SO something is very off

• Carmen, thanks a lot! 

Fixed an issue by Garmin Express (which is really inconvenient), installed connect 4.48 - it also works, but I'm not happy with other side of it (synchronisation looks really slow and you have to force it couple of times to happen), having latest connect and old connect iq is a nice workarounds so far

• 3weeks ago it just started working  a cross all my machines(1x win7 , 1xwin8.1 and 2x win10) 

Looks like a blocked access by the CloudFlare security service to one of the many subdomains Garmin uses. That's exactly why I suggested trying an alternative connection. The problem has nothing to do with the software, it is clearly a networking problem. Older version may work for for the simple reason that they do not connect to all the databases, the newer one does.

• about half my custom watch faces do this, never fixes