This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

nuvi 350 lifetime maps, SD Card

Hello,
I've been grappling with trying to install all of my North America maps onto my nuvi 350. The 350 does not have sufficient internal memory, so I've added a 4G card to the unit, formatted as FAT. When I run Garmin Express, there is no option to select the SD card during the map update like there is on another Garmin unit I own (1490). When I select the 350 from the Garmin Express main page, and I select 'View Details' -> Customize options, the option to use the memory card never appears. The default maps that it's trying to install are the 'Lower 49 States SE', not all of North America. If I do the install from here, it installs the SE states onto the internal memory which is not what I want.

If I use MapInstall, the SD card shows up correctly (so, I'm confident that the card is functioning and formatted correctly), and I can select all of North America to install, but after the 2 hour copy process, I get an error on the nuvi that states 'Detail Maps Don't Support Routing'. Can anyone shed some light onto how I can copy all of the North America maps from my lifetime subscription (2015.40) onto the SD card of my 350?
Thanks in advance! -Sam