This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express won't sign into my Garmin Connect Account

So... some helpful Garmin person locked the previous thread saying it was old. Um .... well.... how about fixing the issue rather than locking the thread. I still can't sign into Garmin Express, it won't recognise my username and password and just reloads the login prompt in an endless loop.

PLEASE GIVE ME A SOLUTION!
  • You don't sign in to Express, do you mean Connect?
  • GarminExpress links with your GarminConnect account, when setting up GarminExpress it requires your Garmin user name and password - this is where it doesn't recognise them / won't sign in...

So I do mean GarminExpress, I can log into GarminConnect with no issues
  • Delete your device from Garmin Express, then add it again.

Make sure there is nothing in your system that is blocking Garmin Express from communicating with Garmin Connect.
  • Delete your device from Garmin Express, then add it again.

Make sure there is nothing in your system that is blocking Garmin Express from communicating with Garmin Connect.

I can't delete it as I can't add it in the first place, that would involve being able to sign in.

Any tip on your second point? I have no firewall.
  • I can't delete it as I can't add it in the first place, that would involve being able to sign in.

Any tip on your second point? I have no firewall.

I finally have it working I'm not sure which of the following fixed the issue:

- I allowed cookies in Safari (does it somehow use Safari?)
    - I uninstalled and reinstalled again (this never helped before)
    - I linked my strava account with Garmin on the web (I doubt this would help)

So my guess is it somehow uses Safari's security setting??
  • LOKISARE

Safari settings will affect Express as it will open the browser to log into Garmin Connect. Now if you have Specific Extensions or security settings these can block communication with the website which will prevent the Single Sign On window from completing its action of validating the user name and password.

Mike
  • I use Chrome and when I use express and log in either via Facebook or Email address & password, it just keeps spinning like it's trying. It's been trying since last night. :(
  • JGreenhood

Can you try again please? The login issue should now be resolved.

Albert
  • I just got my 920XT

since i can no longer use ant, and it requires me to use garmin express, I installed it. I have tried NUMEROUS times to enter my passwd when prompted after clicking add device, it spins, then goes to loading connect data..., then right back to the login prompt. I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalling express, and resetting my password.

EVERYTHING FAILS.

i never had any issues with my ANT+/405. I'm half tempted to return this garbage. What's the point of upgrading a watch if it doesn't work?
  • And if someone posts this:

As long as there are no networking issues with the Mac that are actually blocking Express's ability to communicate with Garmin Servers it should work. If you previously use the Garmin ANT Agent with the 310XT to upload data to Connect there may be some left overs that need to be deleted before Express will work.

Go to: /Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Devices/ delete the unitID (numbered folder).

Remember, the Library folder is hidden.

Press&Hold the Option key and click the Go menu at the very top of your screen then click the Library icon to open the Library folder.

Once you delete the unitID folder for the 310XT open Express and try to add it again.

Curt

I tried this, it did not work either.