This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express won't sign into my Garmin Connect Account

So I've downloaded Garmin Express, and installed. It recognises my devices (FR 220, Edge 500) but when I select it asks to me to enter the log in details for my Garmin Connect account to "sync with an existing account".
So I enter my username and password, hit sign in and it just reloads the the same log on page again.
The only other option at this point is to create a new account (don't need another one, and my log in details are 100% correct - I've even reset my password) or log in with social media.

This is a screen shot of the page:

For the record, I can log into Garmin Connect online so my account is 100% ok as are my login details. It is recognising my devices just not my Garmin Connect account.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Garmin Express twice. No joy.

on an iMac, all up to date.
  • I just updated to the newer version of Garmin Express, still having the same issue :-(
  • This is getting VERY frustrating, I cannot believe that we have to go through this pain for NO benefit.

I have tried everything that you have suggested and STILL have the same problem.

I have done the following:
    - upgraded iMac to 10.9.3
    - completely uninstalled Express as per your instructions
    - cleaned keychain as per your instructions
    - performed master reset on 510
    - installed express 3.2.5.0
  • So after trying another approach, of logging in through Facebook, I noticed that facebook login was failing and complaining about blocked cookies. So I went into Safari and allowed cookies, hey presto when I trying logging in to Express again, normally, not using facebook, IT WORKS.

So problem fixed, but maybe GARMIN you could provide more helpful (actual some at all) error messaging!
  • Am having the same problem for weeks now,610 running watch using Mic......
  • I am probably facing the same issue:
    - Mac OS 10.9.3, Garmin Express 3.2.5.0
    - The device (Forerunner 910XT) is recognized by Garmin Express.
    - Login into my account on connect.garmin.com in a browser (tried Firefox and Safari) works fine and the access data are accepted.
    - The connect account is set to "Modern" (first I thought maybe that was the problem).
    - Signin in via the Garmin Express screen in the "First Steps" process doesn't work.
    - After pressing the button there is a short acitivity and the name and password fields are cleared.
    - I tried serveral times, and was particularly careful when typing the password, no luck.

• Stuck in a loop on the Garmin Express Log In page.

Did anyone find an answer to this? Running OSX 10.9.4. I've reinstalled Garmin Express, done the Master Reset, cleared the Keychain etc. but still can't get past the Login Page for Garmin Express to sync with my Garmin Connect account. Very frustrating.
  • This is a pretty old thread that you revived, so after this post I will lock it. We were having issues with our servers lastnight/early this morning that we have since corrected please continue to try as it may be later tonight until everything finishes rolling out. The keychain issues that people were having doesn't have anything to do with the error we just had.

Albert
  • Hi, I just phoned Garmin support (they are EXCELLENT), and apparently the prompts are there for you to login to your Connect account, but they are *invisible* hahah! (They are aware of the problem and working on it).

So, move your mouse around on that login screen until you see a *cursor* instead of a mouse pointer; find the cursor that's closest to the TOP of the screen -- this will be the spot for your email; type it in and press Tab. 

The cursor should now be one line lower; type in your password for Garmin Connect and press Enter. Garmin Express will now connect to your account. This 100% solved the issue for me.

• apparently the prompts are there for you to login to your Connect account, but they are *invisible* hahah!

Issue has been occurring for some computers on both the Mac and Windows side - Blank screen when signing in to Garmin account