Garmin Drive 61 LM won't accept a restart even though it is restarting and reconnecting

My Garmin Drive 61 LM will connect and I can download the software but when I get to the restart screen, it will not accept the restart.  I have unplugged it, and plugged it back in and tried a hard restart by holding the button on the back.  It is reconnecting no problem, but wont move off the restart screen. Please advise?

• Please explain a bit more about the issue, what software are you talking about? Is this the restart screen in Express? Or on the device? If I'm guessing correctly you should be able to remove the device from Express and restart it, then once the software has installed reconnect it to Express.

• It is the screen on express, I am able to connect the device, download the update and then part 2 is restart the device.  I unplug for 10 seconds, plug it back in, it reconnects but will not show the restart.  I have even while it is in plugged into the computer restarted it by holding the button in the back.  Both times the device reconnects to the computer but will not show the restart being completed.  In other forums, I saw trying to delete the device and then reinstall on express.  I tried that as well and still have the same issue.  My struggle is it will not let me download the updated maps until I update the software, which i can't because it wont accept the restart. 

• When you unplug it restart it, once it's restarted switch it off then connect it to Express again