This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iTunes, Mac, 645M: Garmin Express can't see music on external drive

In a previous thread (now locked), I lamented the fact that Garmin Express on Mac would hang and gobble up all my RAM while "loading" the information from my iTunes library. That iTunes library is quite large (nearly 1TB) and stored on an external drive.

Here we are 6 months later and there has been some slight progress: Garmin Express 6.19.3 no longer hangs and eats all RAM when I click on the Music button. However, it will only show whatever few music files happen to be stored on the main drive of my computer (rather than the external drive). Since all the music is on the external drive, this is useless to me.

Given that all mac laptops nowadays have only SSD storage and given that said storage is not upgradeable and prohibitively expensive and, finally, given that as a result many mac users don't have sufficient storage on the computer itself for their entire music libraries, it seems to me that Garmin ought to find a way for this large set of customers to put music on their (expensive) Garmin watches. Especially since those watches are advertised as allowing you to add music from your iTunes library... Call me crazy.