This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iMac Nuvi 50 update stuck at "restart"

I have connected my Garmin Nüvi 50 to my iMac (High Sierra) to update through Garmin Express. I have unplugged the device and connected it as instructed. However, it does not proceed to the next 'Prepare' step even after some time, and simply gets stuck at "Step 2 of 4: Restart Your nüvi 50". I have repeated the process without any success, while when I tried to restart Garmin Express I get the message "If you quit Garmin Express while updating or syncing is in progress, your device may not work properly and/or may lose data". Can someone please tell me how to proceed?

Insanity is doing the same thins expecting different results.

• Garmin Express is waiting for the software update to be applied to the nuvi 50 and at this time, it will be ok to quit the application.  I recommend quitting Garmin Express, ejecting the nuvi 50, turning it on and allow it to boot to the main menu.  If prompted to restart to apply software updates, do so.  Then reconnect the nuvi 50 to the iMac, launch Garmin Express again and it should only offer the map update and proceed past the point you were stopped at. 

If this is not the case, please call or chat with Product Support for additional troubleshooting assistance.