This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express error "SD card is locked"

I am running a mac with Garmin Express 6.18 (latest) and I want to upgrade my maps but it fails because of erroneous error "SD card is locked", which the card is NOT locked.  I have tried multiple card same error.   The chart is California-Mexico-MapHXUS021R

thanks

• Did you purchase maps on the SD card or did you download maps and put them on the SD card?

• I have the same problem trying to install to the SD card on my Garmin.  My computer has Windows 7 Professional.  The card is ABSOLUTELY not locked, and I even tried a different SD adapter for the chip, and it still wouldn't recognize that the card is NOT LOCKED.  I purchased an update that I cant download. Please help!

• I finally fixed it buy buying new maps. Garmin has some type of timer that killed my maps because we didn't register them. In the future I will use Navionics on a pad. Better charts

• What download have you purchased?  How are you trying to download it, with the sd card in your device or separately?  It sounds like the latter but you can't download it like that without making special arrangements.