This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple Podcasts with Catalina

So I just updated to Catalina (MacOS) and while it works, when I select a podcast to download I get 4 of each episode.  Also when I down load to the watch each one becomes a new show.

This is a real pain, it took me ages to get this working under MacOS and it seems garmin hasn't even tested it.

Has anyone gotten this working?

Thanks

• Has anyone gotten Catalina to work?

I am amazed that a company like garmin would release something that just doesn't work, and then not respond to customers inquiries.

Really horrible horrible service.

• Totally agree. It's not like they're a tin pot operation and this is an obscure OS that came out of the blue!

• Well after 5 hours of trying to get the Garmin solution to work I finally figured it out!  

The simple answer is their software doesn't work no way no how.  As a software engineer with a strong development background I know the signs of software that was poorly constructed and minimally tested.

So the answer is get rid of Garmin Express and install Android File Transfer.  With AFT installed I was able to copy PodCasts directly to the watch.  They came in uncorrupted and in the correct folder.

In all seriousness I would strongly suggest that those of you trying to use Express to give AFT a shot it could do in 5 minutes what Express could not do in 5 hours...literally.

• I agree that Garmin Express is virtually unable to sync podcasts to the watch, but Android File Transfer will not work with a Mac.  It did previously, but is not be able to view files on the watch without Garmin Express running, and will not run if Garmin Express is running.  

• it works fine for me, it does take a bit of time 1-2 minutes to find the watch but once it does it is fine.

• and just to update if you thought maybe Garmin might get Podcasts working in the latest release 6.19 nope.

I am continually amazed that a company like Garmin can not get their software to work. 

• Android File Transfer does work with a Mac. Garmin Express must be fully shutdown, not running in the background as happens is if  you just close it. You must quit Garmin Express. Unless you do that AFT will not work.

• Thanks - you are right.  Android File Transfer even works with Catalina.  I have always had Garmin Express running in the background and did not realize that would interfere.

• I have not been able to find Podcasts in Finder on my Mac now that I am running Catalina.  Do you know the location?  Thanks -