This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Checking for updates - wheel constantly spinning

Anyone else having this issue where the wheel keep spinning while checking for updates, and I mean for days. Sync still seems to work but no updates.
  • Yes, I am having the same issue. My fenix 5x will sync, but Express hasn't been able to check for updates for several days. All software is at the latest, non-beta version. I've rebooted both computer and watch with no luck.

Glad to see it isn't just me!
  • Bump for this thread. I'm still having the same problem with Garmin Express not checking for updates. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • recently started seeing this syncing my Edge-830

• I get them routinely  It is now 2021 and apparently continues after three years!

• I had this issue too. I sat down at the computer to update two Garmin GPS units. The first update went well. The second update brought the spinning wheel. I tried quitting and restarting Garmin Express to no avail. Then I restarted the computer. Also no joy. I resolved the problem by quitting the application under the file menu (File -> Quit) and then quitting the menu bar widget. Then I reopened Garmin Express by double-clicking on the app in the Finder. Then it worked.