This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Sorry, we're having a problem communicating with our servers"

Hi
I've got a Zumo 550 for motorbiking - it's an old model but it's perfect for my needs.
In Garmin Express when I click on the Refresh to check for updates button I keep on getting this "Sorry, we're having a problem communicating with our servers" message in a red box. It's been happening for a while but I've just had an email saying that there is a map update available for me and I can't access the updated maps because of this. I thought the application may have been corrupted so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it hasn't made any difference.
Help! - I confess to being a bit crap with IT stuff.
  • Dedobedo

Have you tried all the troubleshooting in our FAQ:

What should I do if I receive a server error while using Garmin Express?

If so, try removing the device from Garmin Express, reboot the computer, add the device back:

• Open Garmin Express
    • Select the device
    • Click Tools
    • Click Utilities
    • Click Remove Device
    • Confirm

If you still receive the server error, contact Product Support by phone for further assistance.

Lisa
  • Hi,

I have the same problem with a Zumo. When i connect a Nuvi, the updating process works. When i switch to the Zumo, the 'connecting to our servers' error displays again.

• You posted your initial query in the Windows section, are you on a mac or Windows?