This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to install GarminExpressInstaller.exe without admin rights?

Dear all,

I would like to run GarminExpress on my company PC where I have no admin rights. Is there any work-around? I've already tried to run the exe with a command line /extract or used "Universal Extractor" but got no / nonsense answers. Any suggestion / solution?
Ciao,
Wolfgang
  • If the Setup was designed to require elevated rights, then there is nothing you can do to get around it. The fact alone that the program gets installed in C:\Program Files requires elevated rights and therefore Standard Users will not be able to install it.
  • admin rights

To
    WOLFGANG.KROPIUNIK,

You will need to request admin rights from you company IT administrator.

Most companies will not give you these right for security reason.

The other way around it is to have someone on the admin team install it for you.

I do not know what the company you work for will permit on a company Laptop or PC.

If it does not have anything to do with work you will not be able to have it installed.

But check with your company IT administrator first......

PS
    I read your profile at Mondi........
  • Here's how I worked around it

I have the exact same issue. I've been uploading to Garmin Connect literally for years each day when I get to work. Now I can't, and there's no chance I can get my IT department to approve installing Garmin Express.

So what I did was create an account on Strava. You can then simply upload the file directly from your device.

I'll be using Strava going forward instead of Garmin Connect. It seems the simplest and best answer for me at this point.
  • direct uploading to Garmin Connect possible

Actually, I just located the option to upload a file directly to Garmin Connect without Garmin Express. So I'll be sticking to Garmin Connect at least for now.
  • Hello, how did you do it?

• This is a 6 year old thread. Please start a new one. Thanks