No detailed maps after update

Just went through a painstakingly 12+ hour long ordeal trying to update my Zūmo XT.   

It didn't actually tell me it was completed (almost there @ 9x%),  it just sat there telling me it was retrieving data at some ridiculously slow transfer rate, and hadn't changed for over an hour and Explorer was unresponsive; so i chose to abandon all hope on this finalizing, and forced it to quit.

When I rebooted, and reconnected my Zūmo, it acted like it was done with the update, but a few pop-ups start telling me that there were no detailed maps found, so routing wasn't available.

After reconnecting my Zūmo, Explorer it said there were no additional downloads for it.(?)

So what am I to do now? 

This is on my daily ride, so I need this fixed ASAP.

Everything was working just fine yesterday, before this "update".   This is a new low for my experiences with Garmin user interface software. 

• Also these messages:

"Detailed maps are required for routing. No

detailed maps were found on this device."

"Cannot unlock maps"

• Firstly, there should be (I think?) an option within GE to get these maps reinstalled onto the device.

Failing that, your best port of call is to liaise with Garmin Support - cursory check of similar problem as reported elsewhere indicates that they may need to assist you further.

• I found a Garmin site where this was addressed, so, not a surprise that this problem has been around a while. (support.garmin.com)

One recommendation was to reinstall map via BaseCamp, which I did, and that didn't do anything other than waste my time, again.

Removed my sd card, that wasn't the issue (been installed since new).

Tried using Explorer again, and that performed amazingly better than previous attempts, still archaic data transfer speeds.

The problem is now resolved, but good golly Garmin, be respectful of customers time and experiences. 

A simple search of the same problems shows that these issues are not uncommon.

I guess we can set aside the old adage of “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

for now, as the fix was simple odds, albeit not great ones.. as it sits, for this experience, was roughly a 25% success rate; 

keep trying the same thing until it works.!!!   props to the Garmin Dev Team  

• Perhaps explain how you resolved it to help others?