This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express does not start

Hello,

I have the problem that I cannot start Garmin Express on Windows 11 after reinstallation.

- I have downloaded the latest version from Garmin. The app does not start (only the task is visible)

- I have also tried different versions, down to the sixth version, to see if it updates to the current one. It also worked with the first seventh version. Express started, did an update and that was it. Again only in the task
- I have set various compatibility settings, granted full access for all users and whitelisted in the Windows firewall, no success!
- I also deleted this app data, roaming, local folder as recommended online.

None of this has helped.

What else can I do?

Regards
Pascal

• I'm not saying that you must do this, but I recently got a new laptop to replace my 5 year old one. The old one had Windows 10 on it and the new one Windows 11. After reading on this forum about all the Express related issues on Windows 11, before I did any new installations of my day-to-day software, I did a completely new clean install without any bloatware on it. I created a bootable USB flash-drive using the Windows Media Creation tool and then installed Windows 11. Touch wood, I have not had any software issues on my Windows 11 laptop, including all Garmin software I regularly use. Express is updated to the latest  version, 7.20.0.0 and just this morning i uploaded my 80km Sunday morning ride, including all the shorter rides I did during the past week. No issues at all. 

• I also reset the notebook during the Christmas vacations

• Check to see if your PC has DeepL.  It is a language translator that is sometimes installed with Windows 11 and has been known to cause GE issues.  

For Windows:

1. Select Start and type DeepL in the list shown
    2. Press and hold (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall

Then reboot your PC and retest.

• Did you restart your pc?

Any messagen after starting Garmin Express?

• no, Deepl is not installed

• Of course I have already restarted the pc once.

The problem has existed for some time, but I wanted to try everything first before writing here

Wink

• Anyone from @garmin  who can say something useful about this?

• maybe there is something useful in the log file?  C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Logs\Express