This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Descent MK3i - Map Update Available - Necessary Garmin Dive Sites Map will not install

Hi,

Updating the GARMIN Descent MK3i keeps repeating Map Update Available to install "Garmin Dive Sites Map", completes in 1 sec but is not installed at all.  

Informational message for "Garmin Dive Sites Map", this mpa is required for your device to operate.

Through "Manage maps" i'm unable to select it either, "Garmin Dive Sites Map" is greyed out.

Any advise pls?

Kind regards,

• Map updates seem to work as of today,although REAL SLOW

• Not for me.  Same as before.  The Garmin software instantly claims to upload the map, then the watch claims cannot unlock map (probably because there is no map), then back to normal operations.  Repeat for infinity.

This would be SUPER annoying if I was going diving (if you are listening Garmin)

• Try from the watch directly. Also check if you have enough memory available on the watch. I had to delete my Europe map to update North America. After North America updated, I could re-install Europe.

• Nope.  Using the Map manager on the watch, it fails to see that there is a new dive map available.  No option to update.  Similarly, checking for new maps does not find anything.  I may try dumping the Europe map to make space, but there should be enough space as is, and I tried that once before and it made no difference.

Also note, the problem is with the dive maps, not the normal maps.  They do update properly.

• You are correct, I just noticed it too, Divemap on the watch is version 2.0 and no update available. Only on Garmin Express computer app is Divemap 5.0 available. It won't update for me either, when plugging in the watch, the bar moves to update, but keeps coming back to update available. All other Topo maps updated fine.

When I had called Garmin support for map update issues, they told me they were aware of the issue since the new version

My bad. But I have the same problem as you

• I guess we don't see the update in the Divemaps to from 2.0 to 5.0 until the watch gets a firmware update? Or until the watch itself recognizes an update is available

• Available update for Mk3i-Ver. 15.62 installed seems to resolve my issue “Map update available - GARMIN Dive Sites Map won't install”.

• Same issue here.  Just received the watch in late Jan. I am on windows pc.  This issue happend after I tried to update my maps.  I have also emailed Garmin support waiting to hear back.  I am hopping they fix this before I need to use the watch in March. 

• No recent update made any difference for me.

I called and talked to support and they were aware of the problem and are working on a fix.  The woman I spoke to was not from the dive team so was not able to provide any details on the nature of the problem.

• Same with me here, I had called 2 weeks ago and was told the same thing. First I thought the Topo maps update was the problem, but they installed fine, the issue is with the divemap 5.0 not updating from 2.0 on the watch. But I think it will still work when diving with the 2.0 maps that are on the watch for now.