This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Explress 7.15.2.0

Anyone having problem with the new 7.15.2.0 version update ?  Whenever I open Garmin Express it prompts "new version available 7.15.2.0" and stops working. Can´t update not open Garmin Express.  Already tried to uninstall but it didn't work. Probably some cookies and info are kept and the bug persists.

Using Windows 10 Home Single Language 64bit - 16GB RAM and Garmin Express in Portuguese.

• After years of bliss where I've had no trouble installing, updating and uninstalling Garmin Express, the last 2 years I've become a member of the group where after an initial install it is impossible to update or uninstall Garmin Express.

My goto solution whenever I need updating is:

1) Stop Garmin Express

2) Run "The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter" from Microsoft -> ( The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter )

3) In the troubleshooter select to Remove and then select "Garmin Express"

4) Download Garmin Express from Garmin website -> ( Garmin Express )

5) Run the installer

Of course you can quit after 3 if the goal is to uninstall.

(The links link to the US sites, you can select your country page on each page respectively to get localized versions)

• Yes, 7.15.2.0 just won't update or install. I've tried everything from running as administrator, changing security permissions to allow full control, uninstalling and trying unsuccessfully to re-install, deleting the Express configuration folder (Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid in programdata) - everything. I'm running out of things to try.

I've had to go back to an old version 7.13.1.0 and that works fine.

• I had a similar problem awhile back (not sure of the version).  I ran the Windows compatibility check, letting Windows make the choice, and haven't had any issues since.  Windows 10 chose Windows 8 by the way as the most compatible. 

• Tried the compatibility change to W8, but that didn't work either.

• 7.15.2.0 failed to load and then 7.14.0.0 failed to uninstall (both at Admin level). I suspect the problem is uninstalling 7.14.0  Will have a go using a different uninstaller when I have a bit of time.

• So I used the Microsoft Install Uninstall troubleshooter.  After downloading It ran for a bit and then caused my computer to reboot - lucky I wasn't doing anything important.  When it rebooted the Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features still listed Garmin Express, but I started 7.15.2.0 install from my downloads directory and it installed. It ran but there was a slight delay before recognising by Garmin Edge Explore. Now all ok.

• Just tried that - but it didn't make any difference. It didn't find any problems.

• 7.15.2 works fine on Win10 for me.  Have you tried a full uninstall then reinstall?  See link. Ensure you do a Windows restart after the uninstall then again after the new install?

support.garmin.com/.../

• Yes, I've seen that Garmin page with instructions and followed it exactly, but still couldn't install it. So had to go back to older version. I'm not having any other problems with my PC at all, so I can't work out yet why this particular version won't install. Anyway, I don't use Express much, and the old version works well enough for now.