This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Show Details for updates not working

When I have device updates available and click link to see details, "Plug in your device" pop-up opens - i.e. as if I had clicked Sync - but no update details are shown. When I connect the device, it syncs and ... update(s) install? - I think? I can't tell because I don't know what's in the update. Previously clicking link to see update details would show... details. Sometimes very little, sometimes like a change log. Not any more. 

Running latest version of GE, 7.14.0.0. Behavior not new with this update but is a recent effect.

• What Garmin device are you connecting now and what Garmin device were you connecting in the past?

For recent devices (fenix 7, Forerunner 955, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1040, etc) this appears to be the new normal behaviour going forward.

For my fenix 5+ and fenix 6X I can still review what updates are pending and then decide on whether or not to connect it depending on what the updates are.

For my Edge 1030 Plus I have to connect it to see what the updates are and by that time it is too late and they have been installed. (Firmware and CIQ updates only, maps still have to be manually initiated.)

• Thanks, forgot that part. 955 Solar and yes, previous - 935, 945 - behaved differently. Can't remember if very first updates with 955 showed details, possible they did not. Seems like from your experience - different devices show different behavior with same GE - that the problem (feature?) is device specific.