This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express v7.14.0.0 server connection error with GPSMAP 66 series

While attempting to connect a GPSMAP 66i to Garmin servers via Garmin Express v7.14.0.0 on a Win10 Pro desktop with all applicable updates installed, the 66i is connected to my desktop as a USB device, but I can't connect to the Garmin servers.

I was able to connect everything normally under Garmin Express v7.13.1.0 a minute prior to installing the update to v7.14. I had a report of the same error from the owner of a GPSMAP 66st, so I replicated the fault to confirm it wasn't a problem with his 66st, cable, etc.

I can connect a Garmin Forerunner 955 watch to the Garmin servers via Garmin Express v7.14.0.0.

• I apparently solved the problem by deleting the contents of my device's Sync folder, as shown below.

The update process proceeded normally once it was cleared. The red circle shows the directory path, with the device in question being identified by the blue circle. The device ID is unique, so the folder name in the Devices folder will be different for everyone.

Since I was experimenting, I moved the contents of the Sync folder to a newly created Sync Temp folder; skip that step if you want.