This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GE is bugged, can't add device nor fully start if Fenix is connected to PC

here's my situation

- brand new hp elitebook 2022 with 32GB ram, win 11 pro

- fenix 6x sapphire

if I connect fenix via usb, win recognise as external drive and I can navigate its memory without problems.

as soon as I start GE (latest version), fenix can't be explored anymore and GE can't fully start (blank window and loading wheel keeps spinning).

if at this point I unplug fenix usb, GE opens completely BUT if I try to re-plug fenix usb, win can't recognise fenix anymore and hangs with its file explorer. of course GE can't recognise anything...

laptop rebooted and GE reinstalled and set also in win8 compatibility mode.

the problem IS GE, so when Garmin is supposed to release a working version of this extra bugged software?

• Same issue while attempting to connect a GPSMAP 66i to Garmin servers via Garmin Express v7.14.0.0 on a Win10 Pro desktop with all applicable updates installed. The 66i is connected to my desktop as a USB device, but I can't connect to the Garmin servers.

I was able to connect everything normally under Garmin Express v7.13.1.0 a minute prior to installing the update to v7.14. I had a report of the same error from the owner of a GPSMAP 66st, so I replicated the fault to confirm it wasn't a problem with his 66st, cable, etc.

• I apparently solved the problem by deleting the contents of my device's Sync folder, as shown below.

The update process proceeded normally once it was cleared. The red circle shows the directory path, with the device in question being identified by the blue circle. The device ID is unique, so the folder name will be different for everyone. If you have multiple devices in the Device folder, you'll have to check them to determine which one is assigned to your Fenix. The "device" icon should help.

Since I was experimenting, I moved the contents of the Sync folder to a newly created Sync Temp folder; skip that step if you want.

• thank you for sharing, unfortunately my laptop is brand new, there's no devices folder yet since GE can't recognise anything...

• Sorry, different problem then.

If you have any other Garmin devices, does GE recognize them?