This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

USB Not Recognized

Started 09/15/22. USB Not Recognized for Edge 530 and Forerunner 735XT on two computers. Other USB devices are recognized...

• When a device is connected, if you go into device manager, do you “see” it listed?  In addition, review the content at www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-B53296DF-CC85-48A0-B348-EF495665DD46.html.

• Okay, didn't think I'd have to go this far:

Issue: "USB Not Recognized" message received when trying to connect either my Edge 530 or Forerunner 735XT to Garmin Express. The issue started 09/15/22

1. Tried to connect both devices on two different computers with the same result.

2 Garmin Express is using current update.

3. Windows 11 updates are current.

4. Rebooted computers.

4. Connected different USB devices to both computers with SUCCESSFUL results.

5. Tried a different USB Ports...USB not Recognized.

6. Uninstalled device in Device Manager/Universal Serial Bus Controllers and rebooted...USB not Recognized.

7. All software and drivers current using OEM tools for computer...USB not Recognized.

8.Disabled USB Selective Suspend Power Option...USB not Recognized.

9. Ran DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /R and then sfc /scannow...USB not Recognized.

10. I did NOT revert back to previous Windows update!!!

My guess is that the Garmin Edge 530 and Forerunner 735XT is NOT compatible with the most current Windows 11 update. Especially if both devices are not recognized on two different computers. Again, especially if different USB devices work fine on both computers.

• will not see a device if it can't be found

• Oh, Yeah. Garmin driver installed is 2.3.1.2

• Try running Garmin Express in compatibility mode and allow Windows to make the selection.  Strange as it seems I used to have connectivity issue with GE on Windows 10.  About a year ago I did the compatibility check, Windows said Windows 8 was the best choice and I’ve never had any issues since.

• Okay, I stated earlier everything I've done on two computers to try to resolve the problem. Here is what I believe proves that Garmin is not compatible with one of the latest Windows 11 updates...Remember, this issue started on 09/15/22. On my wife's tower (Garmin has never been installed!!) I linked to Garmin Connect. I Installed Garmin Express, including Windows feature (required) .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0). I installed the Garmin driver 2.3.1.2. Her Windows is up-to-date. Her firmware is up-to-date. Rebooted her computer. I attempted to add my Forerunner 735XP and then my Edge 530 as a device. Device Manager/Univeral Serial Bus Controllers indicated "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I connected to other USB devices successfully.  Soooo, this has happened now on THREE computers...Two that had no problems until now and one computer that was virgin re Garmin!