This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"servers unavailable"

Had 2 devices registered on Garmin Express. Tried to add a new device 2 days ago. Recognized device and serial number but said can't add device because our servers are unavailable at this time. I uninstalled GE and installed updated version 7.13.1.0. This time GE won't add my new device or my old devices. I followed all the instructions on garmin.com related to this issue and it still says servers unavailable. I am on windows 10. Any ideas?

• Seems to be an unusual number of people getting unable to connect to server messages.  Any chance that you people are running a VPN?

• I'm having exactly the same issue. Unresolved for 2 weeks so far. Would love some  HELP!!!!

• No, have never used one, and haven't changed any internet or router settings.

• Nope. Standard wifi, which hasn't changed for years.

• Had the same problem for several days, with and without VPN etc., it occured without any reason or changes. Uninstalling / installing and rebooting my computer solved the problem for me.

• I tried uninstall/install three times, no help. I will wait a few weeks and try again; that seems to be a pattern with this and similar issues over the years -- Garmin doesn't provide any help, and the issue somehow resolves.  Just a guess, but it may be that whatever Garmin is doing internally with security in the wake of the ransomware attack a couple of years ago is causing problems with connectivity and access. It is very disappointing, though, that their support responses are so canned and unhelpful (and uninterested).

• I did the same thing, reinstalled a number of times, on W10 laptop and still got the error message. However I was able to install a fresh version on a W10 computer which had previously had not had any version installed. This suggests to me that the uninstall is incomplete and leaves some files, probably the ones creating the problem, left on the laptop. Probably unwanted registry entries as well. Hope some solution comes forward soon.

• Garmin has published some actions to follow for removing registry keys.  See https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=CNYikpxnK73h9lU6YXTGr5 and note the portion at the bottom of backing up the registry.

• I have the same problem GF 7X Solar does not connect to GE, I can not pair with the phone, failed pair, I receive notifications, the PC only sees it because it tells me that currently can not connect to the server, and if I check unit id. says it doesn't exist, pls help i tried everything possible.

• Same problem for me as well on my Edge 530. It also gives a "Pairing Failed" message when trying to connect to Garmin Connect on Android.

Tried resetting, hard resetting, deleting the GarminDevice.xml file, different computer, different smartphone, different network, nothing works.. Also tried everything mentioned by Garmin.

This could be much better if developers spent a few more lines of code adding a proper error handling with a proper logging of what is going wrong