This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express 7.13.1.0 still deleting

So I re-installed as @Garmin-Matthew suggested.  It is still deleting my activities on my Edge 530! :-(

Top Replies

All Replies

• FIT files deleted on Vivoactive 4 with the 7.13.1.0 update.
    And deleting/reinstalling Express did NOTHING to put the FIT files back on watch, nor did it fix the problem.....waste of time.

I might as well delete the History widget on watch, since it is now useless.....One more thing with broken code that will probably never be restored.

Garmin - hire coders that know how to TEST before they release an update
    I need to stop updating any software that Garmin has....Even the watch firmware is full of bugs.

• Sidenote:

the good old Ant Agent, which my family still use for our 910XTs, has an option whether to delete the .fit files from the watch after the download to the PC (and the optional upload to GC).

But it has a malfunction, after the successful file transfer it deletes only n-1 activities if n>=2.

So years after the launch of its last version, 2.3.4, maybe in 2014 or in 2015 I wondered whether to use GE instead of Ant Agent, since there was no fix of this bug, but GE did not have this option of file erase at all. I saw that GE originally had it, but was removed in 2014-2015. So just before I was thinking about this change.

It seems now it has, and you do not have to switch it on, it goes automatically. :-)

• It is still deleting my activities on my Edge 530!

Sorry to hear that. It's working fine for me. It is no longer deleting any files. Suggest removing/uninstalling Garmin Express, restarting your computer, then reinstall the latest from https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/windows/

If still no joy, place a support case with Garmin Product Support

Good luck!

• Is there a way to restore the FIT files back to the watch?

• I can't really help with this issue. See Fenix 7 forum from Garmin - Chris ...

Garmin Express v7.13 is Deleting .FIT Files (NOW FIXED)

I am really sorry there is no fast way to put your past .FIT files all back on your watch.

With follow-up...

Actually there is. I just transferred the 200 largest FIT-files from the Garmin Data Export to my watch and it worked perfectly. 

Personally, I don't think it is worth the effort. In fact, as regular maintenance of the watch, all of the activity fit files should be deleted periodically (reduces the chance of getting corrupt activity files). As long as the activities are all synced and exist on Garmin Connect. Of course you should do this on your own schedule, not when Garmin forces this due to a software bug.

• Yes, I seen that thread.
    And you're right I have over 38,000 files in the Garmin Data Export and they are all prefixed with my user name. So it would be a major undertaking to just restore this year only.
    I usually WiFi sync as soon as I'm done with an activity, so I did not lose any data on GC.

I might just go into History and delete files up to today and just start the History from today on.
    I see there are stil files in History, sporadic entries, no rhyme or reason to the logic GE used to delete them.

I see there is a delete all activities in History. Is this the way to do it?  I assume so, but want to be sure.

• Did have the same issue with an Edge 1030. Restarting the computer did somehow cause the "autodelete" to disappear. 

• No sign of this bug being fixed yet?!

It's still happening for me. Really annoying.