This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express unable to install Australia and New Zealand Cyclops Safety Cameras subscription

I purchased the above subscription and haven't been able to install using Garmin Express connected to my Garmin DriveAssist 51

I have no problems updating Garmin Express software and my security and virus applications allow Garmin Express full access.

I have uninstalled and  reinstalled the Garmin Express software twice and followed a few suggestion, none of which have worked

I get errors as attached.

I've tried installing directly from the Garmin device but no subscription shows up for installation.

I operate Windows11 fully updated and Norton 360 

• I hope I'm not burning subscription time waiting for a fix. I've sent an email about this to Garmin support as there wasn't anyway I was going to be answered ringing their support. There either is an easy fix (which appears not) or I'll just have to get a refund. 

• Where is it failing? If you select the Activate button does it fail there, or does that work ok and the failure occurs when having activated it you try to install the cameras?

• Thanks it fails in both places 

I did reinstall the current version of Garmin Express again as well 

It fails firstly as in the "there was an error installing the content" from that screen shot

It fails as well   when I go to the subscriptions available in the store (where I purchased originally) 

• If you're getting a server error try here support.garmin.com/.../

• Perhaps I should have been more detailed in my previous posts

I’ve researched all these fixes previously. 

Three times I’ve uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and tried every remedy I could find on your support site. 

Garmin Express has always had full access through my security software and firewall.

I can’t just turn off Norton 360 anyway and I have no VPN operating which might deny the connection. 

I’m assuming I’d have the same server problems, updating Garmin Express, as I would trying to install this camera subscription, which has always never been a problem.

Can you not send me the Cyclops Australian and New Zealand safety cameras subscription download direct?

You can easily ascertain I’ve paid for this safety camera subscription. 

• Sorry I don't work for Garmin. If none of the fixes in that FAQ resolve it then you'll need to call Product Support 

• My apologies. I didn't realise thanks 

• Once again my sincere apologies to @SUSSAMB 

I'm told by Australian Garmin support that my model came with a lifetime subscription to maps and safety cameras (see below..this isn't at all intuitive)

If that's true then that explains why I can't install the safety cameras again on the unit.

Maps have never been a problem with my Garmin Express installation and download, install and update without error.

I'm still a little doubtful as the unit has not ever warned me about red lights and speeds 

However I now see you need to purchase a live link $12.99AUD smartphone subscription to make this work (this isn't at all obvious or explained through Garmin support)

I'm getting the paid safety subscription $39 refunded now 

This is all bewildering where the Garmin site says it's pre loaded, then another part of the site says it's available for purchase, then another part says you need to connect to a smartphone to receive alerts at $12.99AUD subscription (I'm assuming one year at best)

I hope this helps another Australian Garmin Drive Assist51 user

Most new vehicles now allow smartphone connections incar (which are linked to GPS devices, rather than direct Garmin GPS connections which doesn't seem logical)

I guess everything is now geared to smartphones but my Telstra mobile connection plan does not supply much data 

IF any of this is incorrect please let me know

• My one is the same issue like you ?? What can I do now

• Contact Garmin and get your safety camera subscription refunded.

Apart from that there's very little I can see to do as I still don't have safety cameras on my Garmin.

I'm very underwhelmed with the Garmin Support