This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express 7.11.0.0 not start (HP Omen 17 RTX3080)

Garmin Express Version 7.11.0.0 on my new HP Omen 17 laptop, Windows 11 Pro, nVidia RTX3080, equipped with TPM (Trusted Platform Module) installs correctly but does not start, forcing program start as administrator: same result.
Searching for the problem with the Windows Compatibility Tool gets: Incompatible Program.

I have a Garmin model with lifetime maps and cannot download the maps I am entitled to!
I cannot complete the migration of the entire Garmin software from the old laptop to the new one.

(The old laptop also came with Windows 11 Pro, but it didn't have the TPM and Garmin Express always worked perfectly)

• I am trying to understand the problem... Can any developer help me? Thank you
    I uninstalled Garmin Express and cleaned the registry, then reinstalled by looking at the logs.
    At the first start after installation, in the Express.Log file contained in Program Data/Garmin/Logs/Express I can read:

2022-01-21 17:15:57.8312 |   1 | E | Client Version: 7.11.0.0
    2022-01-21 17:15:57.8312 |   1 | E | Unhandled Exception
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Non è stato possibile caricare il file o l'assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' o una delle relative dipendenze. Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.
    Nome file: 'CefSharp.Core.dll'
       in Garmin.Omt.Express.App.<Application_Startup>d__15.MoveNext()
       in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
       in Garmin.Omt.Express.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
       in System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
       in System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
       in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
       in Garmin.Omt.Express.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
       in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Immediately after installing Garmin Express the program does not find "CefSharp.Core.dll"
    It seems that this "CefSharp.Core.dll" is missing for Garmin Express.

Obviously I immediately checked the presence of the DLL in the Garmin Express application folder, all normal: it is present.

The application files are identical to those on the old laptop, as far as I am concerned I have not done anything strange, double click on the Garmin Express executable / Install? / Yup.

• I am trying to understand the problem... Can any developer help me? Thank you
    I uninstalled Garmin Express and cleaned the registry, then reinstalled by looking at the logs.
    At the first start after installation, in the Express.Log file contained in Program Data/Garmin/Logs/Express I can read:

2022-01-21 17:15:57.8312 |   1 | E | Client Version: 7.11.0.0
    2022-01-21 17:15:57.8312 |   1 | E | Unhandled Exception
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Non è stato possibile caricare il file o l'assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' o una delle relative dipendenze. Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.
    Nome file: 'CefSharp.Core.dll'

Immediately after installing Garmin Express the program does not find "CefSharp.Core.dll"
    It seems that this "CefSharp.Core.dll" is missing for Garmin Express.

Obviously I immediately checked the presence of the DLL in the Garmin Express application folder, all normal: it is present.

The application files are identical to those on the old laptop, as far as I am concerned I have not done anything strange, double click on the Garmin Express executable / Install? / Yup.

Thanks sir this worked for me.

Regards

• I solved the problem.
    To help someone, I want to describe the experience.
    I state that the laptop was brand new, so I had to check a few things calmly.

Windows 11 Update, with no custom configuration, considers some updates to be 'optional'.
    I discovered an update for the Intel chipset was awaiting manual installation, installed and rebooted the laptop, ran the SFC / SCANNOW command, did a fresh clean install of Garmin Express ... Garmin Express was up and running again.

As no official support voices bothered to write a help comment, I can't know if 'CefSharp.Core.dll' (not loading) required the missing driver to work, but I think it's likely.

Regards