This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express Windows 7.11 // Windows 10 Home 21H2 not recognize Garmin fenix 3, fenix 6 or edge 1030

Hi I try to add the Garmins product but is imposible....Garmin Express not recognize .... but PC recognize about hard disk...please some help

• Is Express up to date? If not update it. If it is have you rebooted your PC? Next to check would be the cable you're using and to try other usb ports.

• Hi SUSSAMB thanks for your answer!

Express is date up to last version...and I reboot PC and uninstal and reinstall again the Express...

Also I check with other cable in the 3 usb ports I have in my PC and still not work...

Sometime Express not start and other not find the Garmins ;(

• Thanks but no lucky with FAQ...the problem continues ;(

• If Garmin Express previously recognized your devices, but it doesn't now,

AND if Windows recognizes the device,

you might want to try some extra steps after uninstalling. I ran into this problem several years. ago.

When you remove Gamin Express using Windows' uninstall function, some files are left behind in a couple of the user profile folders:

C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Garmin

C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid

When I had this problem in the past, I found that C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid had a subfolder for every version of Garmin Express that had ever been installed on my computer. After my testing, this is the process I used. (Note: this process references old Garmin Express version numbers, but the process should be the same.)

Uninstalled Garmin Express
    Moved all folders and files from C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Garmin and C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid to a temp location (just in case I needed them later)
    I left the \Garmin and \Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid folders; I just removed their contents
    Installed Garmin Express 6.11.1
    Plugged in Fenix 5X Plus and waited for Windows to detect it
    Launched GE
    GE launched with no crashes, and it identified the watch immediately, but I did not add it at this step (I noticed that GE created new files and folders in the AppData Garmin folders)

You might not need these steps if you have the latest GE installer.
    Went to Settings > About > Check for Updates and let GE install the update for 6.13.0.0
    Launched GE after the update
    GE again launched successfully with no crashes, and it identified the watch immediately

If you want to read more details, check out the thread linked below. It contains more details on my troubleshooting process.

https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mac-windows-software/f/garmin-express-windows/157728/garmin-express-6-12-0-0-doesn-t-recognize-fenix-5x-plus-and-crashes-repeatedly/881428#881428

Good luck with it!

• Thanks for your help!!!!I can add my Garmins!!!!I find that I not delete that C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Garmin

When I delete and reinstall Garmin Express works fine again!!

Thank so much!!!

• Great, I'll close this thread