This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can`t add a device - edge 530 (previously removed from GE)

Hi all. 

I have one problem. Here is what happened.

Everything works fine with previous version of Garmin express. I Had three devices connected and it works fine:

- on my wife`s account Edge 130 + Vivoactive 3

- on my account Edge 530

It all starts after update GE to 7.10 wouldnt start, it CRASHED every time I try to start it. I removed all devices from GE, I dont know why but I did it.??? I uninstall GE, restart PC and manualy install GE 7.10 version. Now I am using the newest GE 7.11

Now I can`t add my device - edge 530. Every time when I try to add it and try to LOG IN to my account it says that ON ESTABLISH A CONNECTION WITH GARMIN SERVERS THERE WAS A PROBLEM. (or something like that)

No way that I can add it.

1. Then I try to add my wife`s Edge 130, everything was ok. I could Add a device with log in to her account with no problem. 

2. Again I remove her edge 130 from GE, and try to add it with my account and I can add it,

3. then I try to add my edge 530 with her account, I couldnt add it, I get same message ON ESTABLISH A CONNECTION WITH GARMIN SERVERS THERE WAS A PROBLEM 

....so it is nothing wrong with servers or my account, it has to be with edge 530??...it is so wierd.

Is it something happened to my edge 530? If anyone knows what might be a problem???

Thanks in advance

Bx

• I forget to say that PC and GE find my edge with no problem, I just cant add it to GE with any account

Thank you

• There seems to be an issue with 7.11. Yes a ticket has been started. The symptoms include failure to establish a connection, repeated requests to login after correct entry of email address and password, and "loss" of devices registered to an account. Had exactly the same problems you have with two vivosmart 4's registered to myself and my wife, a nuvi, and an index scale. Here is sort of a workaround, don't ask me why it works. lol.

1. change the password for both of your accounts. 

2. you should now be able to establish a connection with garmin servers.

3. look at your account in Express, you may probably have duplicate devices registered - the "new" one that automagically appears when you change your password and the old one that has lost registration to the account. Interestingly enough, before I did this I noted that all devices registered to myself and wife's account, except for retired ones, had disappeared.

3. retire or remove the old one and you should be good to go.

The trick seemed to work for me but it's only been a few days yet. Hoping Garmin gets this fixed.

• Hi,

thank you but that doesnt work for me. Tried everything you say but I have still the same problem, cant add my 530.

I dont think there is something with accounts becouse

1. I can add both devices from my wife (vivoactive 3, edge 130) with MY account

then I removed them from my account and

2. I can add both devices from my wife (vivoactive 3, edge 130) with HER account

Everything works fine. But not with my 530.

So I think there must be something with my EDGE 530.

• yesterday I try to add it on my work computer and it was ok

I installed GE then with no problem add my edge 530.

I think something happened on my comp in connection to edge 530.