This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express Error - "There was an error downloading your chart"

Hi all, 

Looking for some assistance with regards to downloading charts purchased via Garmin Express. 

Charts are VEU722L - Europe Atlantic Coast. The Chartplotter is a GPSMap 922xs and is a new device being setup. Plotter itself is running the latest software and Express is also the new 7.11 version. Charts have been purchased on the same account through Active Captain.

When downloading the charts to an mico SD (Class 10, 32GB card which has been correctly formatted as per online guides), Express gets to the end of the download and then reports "There was an error downloading your chart". 

The standard "WorldWide Marine Basemap" chart that came with the device as a basic view updates normally and is no issue for Express. Seems to only be the purchased one. 

Have re-installed Express, re-formatted the card, removed the Plotter from Express and re-added etc. to no avail.

Screenshot attached:

Thanks in advance, appreciate some feedback. 

• To follow up on this one, 3 different wifi networks have been used. Tried 2 different PCs. Un-installed the 7.11 version of Express and tried using 7.10 which also didn't work. 

When the SD card is placed into the plotter after the failed install the plotter reports "Cannot unlock maps". I understand this is due to the files not being fully downloaded/copied to the SD correctly. 

Not entirely happy after purchasing the charts pack to not be able to use Express to install them. Also tried syncing with the plotter through Active Captain but this doesn't work either. 

Any assistance/experience appreciated. 

• Hi there, thanks for your feedback on the above knowledgebase. 

I searched and found that during my online review for other users experiencing the same thing. I have ruled out all of the mentioned steps in the doc one by one. The worldwide basemap install works on the SD card through Express which is strange and would rule out a lot of those points is my understanding. Appears to only be the purchased charts having the download issue. 

Thank you! 

• I have the same issue.  Did you get this resolved ?? Help please. Desperate 

• I got sorted, but the downloaded version through the apps never worked. Through Garmin email support they agreed to ship me the programmed charts on an SD card which arrived by post. When plugged into the Garmin 922xs the SD card immediately displayed the charts. The whole experience was disappointing as I trusted the Garmin brand and shelled out €400 through the ActiveCaptain app, the download of which didn't work. Anyway, I did get resolved but only arrived by post a few days ago. So I was without the charts for about two and a half weeks since initial purchase and down a significant amount of time trying to sort. (Including a chat support conversation that was abruptly ended by a support engineer just ending his shift).