This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

windows 11 - no joy

i know this has been mentioned here:

https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mac-windows-software/f/garmin-express-windows/267562/garmin-express-windows-11/1282755#1282755

but i have wasted many hours trying to get this working, (tried all the instructions) the only solution i had was to install a virtual machine and then get garmin express there.  Literally the most time consuming thing ever!

somehow Garmin Express is half installed on my win11, but it wont update and cant be removed, please can this be made compatible with 64bit OS.  I dont want to have to uninstall windows 11, i have also explored using a linux machine, play on linux, wine, virtual machine, win 10 virtual machine, and settled with MAC OS virtual machine, which is the only usable way to do this.

I want to develop some apps and watch faces for the venu2, but i feel i will need Garmin express or some connectivity :(

Thank you 

• Well, Windows 11 is not yet released, and won't be for quite some time... Are you surprised?

• I was surprised as its not a big jump from win10 at all. The other post mentioned it was to do with Garmin express reliant on 32bit resources. Computers have been 64bit for some time now

• There's quite a lot of other applications that still work in 32-bit more - check out what Task Manager reports under Processes tab.

The fact that your OS is 64-bit does not mean that everybody needs to rewrite their apps hastily in order to comply, as 32-bit environment remains supported.

Having said that: any forthcoming OS releases necessitating 64-bit applications will certainly force Garmin to do something about it...

• So i managed to get this working, i know i have golden cheetah installed which does go ahead and install some .net stuff and also R.  (might be unrelated, but who know this could be the key!).

i found i had a half insalled garmin express and i kept getting a prompt installation failed, although i was unable to get this removed!!!

Google news decided to push me a notification about how to remove something which will not uninstall,  (how apt!)  anyway, i followed the command line steps noted here:  

https://www.minitool.com/news/uninstall-program-cmd-powershell.html

then simply went and downloaded the latest garmin express from the web, and its working fine.   Just updated the garmin venu 2 with new software, which is great!  i know it went on just a few days over the air, but this is garmin express!!!   So wont be long and i can start making things for this device!

very happy i wont have to uninstall windows 11 now!