This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Removing Old Maps from C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\Downloads\Map

Can I delete what appear to be old Map folders related to my Garmin SmartDrive 61from my Windows laptop C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\Downloads\Map ?  The folders are as follows:

Map_Map.NA.2021.20

Map_Map.NA.2021.30

Map_Map.NA.2022.10

And if so, are there any other Garmin related folders/files that can be periodically deleted because they're no longer in use to save space on my C:\ drive?

Sorry if these are redundant questions, but I cannot find an identical situation in this forum where folder C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Map is empty, so asking to be sure that the huge map folders above can be deleted?

• Those folders can be deleted. They are there in case you ever want to reinstall a map or update other devices and saves the data having to be downloaded again. The other folder you mention holds the maps for BaseCamp or MapSource 

• Thank you very much Sussamb!  May I also delete what appears to be old application folders (7.0.2.0-7.4.2.0).under "c:\ProgramData]Garmin\CoreService\Downloads\Application" where "Application_Application.express-windows.7.5.0.0" appears to be the most recent?   And the same question about older folders under ""c:\ProgramData]Garmin\CoreService\Downloads\Firware" where "Firmware_Firmware.006-D1074-00.27.00" appears to be the most recent?  Is there a document that describes precisely what I can do to delete folder/files no longer in use after an update?  Imagine there is a technical reason, but one might think that Garmin would delete these during the update process? 

• Yes, you're not alone in calling for options to delete these unnecessary folders/files but Garmin haven't budged. Afraid there is no document but anything in CoreService should be deleteable without issue.