This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express connecting to mainland China Garmin Connect page

Ok, this is a weird one. I'd been getting an error message from Garmin Express saying it couldn't connect to the servers. Then it would ask me to sign in but would say the log in & password were incorrect. I deleted Express & the Garmin folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Garmin. Re-installed Garmin Express, but still got the same log in error message. Then I tried creating a new account in Express. That worked, but then I realized that Garmin connect is logging into the Garmin site for mainland China despite the fact I'm in the US.

I went through the whole delete process with Garmin Express, download Garmin Express from the US website and tried again. Still Garmin Express is re-directing me to the China site & now I have two accounts; one in the US with years worth of data and one in China with the last four months of activity.

How do I untangle this mess and get Garmin Express to only sync with my US account?

• Here's how I resolved this exact same issue in my own account(s):

Deleted Garmin Express and reinstalled.  Opened Garmin Express, clicked on Garmin Connect link, and saw that it was still directing me to the mainland China site; closed that ".cn" (China site) window.

Back in Garmin Express, opened the "Preferences" menu, then the "Advanced" menu.  Changed the Garmin Connect Authentication Domain to "United States" and saved the setting.

Exited Garmin Express then restarted it.  It presented me with a login error so I re-entered my user name and password.

Voila!  The Garmin Connect link now takes me to my original US account, and my device synchronizes to that account once again.

Hope someone in needs finds this useful!

• Jeffsarge….helped me, thank you