This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express won't recognize NUVI 1390LMT

I've had this unit for a while and never had a problem before.  When I launch Garmin Express, it does not recognize the unit being connected although the face of the Nuvi shows the connection icon and I get a file explorer window that opens after I plug the unit into the computer with the files on the Garmin.

I've rebooted the computer with no change.  Removed and installed Garmin Express.  Unit is charged and is plugged into a USB port on my laptop.

• Thanks, tried that already.  I did partially solve the issue after I posted.  When I remove the existing SD card then the Garmin is recognized and I get to the point of installing the updates.  Due to their size, I either have to use an SD card or only install part of the updates which is the same as in the past.  Once I install the SD card, the Garmin Express software locks up and fails to proceed.

• I'd try another card then, ensure its formatted FAT32 

• I ordered a new card which arrived yesterday.  Installed it and same thing happened.  I'd get to the screen which tells you that there isn't enough room in the built-in memory and you get a chance to select parts of the upgrade or install it on a SD card.  I would select the SD card option, go to the next screen which tells you to install the card and then click on OK or proceed (not sure of the exact words).  When I click on the proceed it just sits there and the proceed or OK button is hazy in appearance.  Today, I tried going back, trying the old card, selecting the SD card option again and then tried again.  Not exactly sure what happened but at some point, proceed or OK button was no longer hazy and when I clicked on it again, the maps started to load.  Thanks for your help, wish I knew what I did if it was something I did.

• Difficult to know but glad its resolved