This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Affer Garmin Express update to 7.3.1.0, ANT+ stick is not recognized

Garmin Express offered to update latest version (7.3.1.0)

Upgrade process was successful, however, after the  update, ANT+ stick is not recognized anymore.

Restarted PC several times, tried different USB ports to no avail.

ANT+ USB stick is recognized by windows but not by Garmin Express

Other Garmin devices (Vivoactive 4s) direct USB connection are recognized by Garmin Express.

Is there a way to downgrade to previous version?

• Update: found a fix/workaround.

It looks that 7.3.1.0 installation broke ANT+ USB drivers. I fixed it with ANT+ drivers from here:

https://trainerroadcdn1.blob.core.windows.net/software/InstallUSBDrivers.exe

here's full course of actions/tests i performed:

Uninstalled 7.3.1.0 and installed previous version 7.2.2.0 (found it here: https://garmin-express.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions)

ANT+ still not working

Uninstalled 7.2.2.0 and installed it again

ANT+ still not working

Installed 7.2.2.0 on another PC and verified that ANT+ USB stick is working on that PC

suspected that usb drivers might be at fault. Found drivers (see link above) and installed on "faulty" PC and ANT+ started working.

• I had the same experience. So annoying. I eventually had to delete Garmin Express, then find an earlier version on the web and download that. Eventually got things working again, but how annoying that we have to go through this nonsense every time they push an update on us. From now on I will ignore any attempts Garmin make to get me to update to the latest version - "If it ain't broke, don't update it!"

• Doesn't work for me. It looks like this is a common occurrence with updates. It would be great if Garmin could chime in on a fix. All I can do now is charge my watch and bike computer, and I can't use Zwift!!

• I don't typically see Garmin responding on the software forums, more so on the hardware forums. I suggest contacting them directly using chat or phone starting at the Garmin Support Center. I've had the best success engaging support using the chat option, even on the weekend mornings. Depends on your country.

• I found a solution. Not only did 7.3.1 wipe out my Ant+ dongle it also wiped out my Edge connection and my Vivoactive. I found the solution was to open Device Manager, (search for Device Manager using task bar search). Open it up, expand Disk Drives select a Garmin Device, click the drivers tab then select Uninstall Device. Once I did this my Garmin devices all connected to Garmin Express again.

• Thanks for that! Did you also update to 7.4.1.0?