This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express grinds to a halt updating maps

hi

Garmin express always stops at the same percentage, i.e. 57.6%, when I want to upload / update the map on my Garmin Edge Explore.

I tried all the tips and tricks that I found on the www. I even reset my entire PC … I am still convinced that the problem is not PC nor the GPS but some settings or bugs in Garmin Express. The customer service of Garmin in my home country Belgium was of little help…

Looking forward to receive proper advice!

Thanks in advance.

Christophe Leroy

• I have the same problem.
    My Dell XPS has only USB-C ports, so had to use an adapter or connect the garmin to my Docking station which is connected to my Dell XPS via USB-C. Every time the same problem, copying files got stuck after 57.6%.
    Luckily Hav an older iMac at home as well, which I gave it try. My garmin is now directly connected to one of the usb-ports at the back.
    No problems or freeze issues occured.

So Garmin please solve this issue when people needs to use an adapter from USB-A to USB-C.

Regards

Reinoud

• hi

thanks for the link. however, I have taken all the mentioned, at least 10 times...

I even re-formatted my entire PC, all in vain.

I am convinced that the problem lays with the Garmin Express software. I think that I caused it when I accidently disconnected my Garmin Edge Explore during an uploading session.

Brgds

Christophe