This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Nuvi 2595LMT disconnects when Garmin Express sees it and begins to talk to it.

So I begin to update my GPS's since it is the beginning of the year. I connect my Nuvi 2595LMT using the proper cable to Garmin Express (Windows 10) and it showed there is a map update and that the GPS is online. As soon as I hit the Update maps key it disconnects the GPS everytime. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the GPS to Express. I have made sure the Express software was up to date. Express did allow me to update my Nuvi 67LMT without any issues. I tried again to update my Nuvi 2595 and still had the same issue. I was able to connect Garmin BaseCamp to my Nuvi 2595 though and do a little updating there. (I hope that i did not screw up my GPS by doing that??)  Please help!!!

Thank you

• You won't screw up your device doing a map update via BaseCamp but it won't correctly update your nuvi, all it does is update the map. Other key files such as the one that provides junction views won't have been updated. If your device is switching off it's likely to  be a battery issue. Ensure it's fully charged then try again.

• I have the same issue. My 2595 GPS disconnects as Garmin Express starts. GPS is fully charged and the cable is fine. I have no problems with my other GPS devices. Garmin Express ver 7.3.0.0
    Need help.

• Possibly a poor socket on your nuvi. Check too there is no dirt in the socket.

• So the battery was fully charged. The cable is good and the socket is fine. All of this started when I updated my Garmin Express. It worked well with BaseCamp but stopped working with Express. It is almost like Garmin is trying to force me to buy a new GPS??? If it works with one program and not the other I dont think it is the GPS but the program its self.

• Is BaseCamp closed when you try and run Express?  Some PCs can't handle both being open at the same time.

• I  joined today looking to resolve similar USB issues with a Nuvi 2559LM

Earlier research led me to a Microsoft technical doc - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/backup-and-storage/garmin-usb-devices-not-working  which claims the Garmin device boot code may need updated by Express.

There appear to be known compatability issues with Win 10

• Never had an issue with Win10. 

• It is only with Garmin express that this problem occurs. I can have my nuvi 2595 connected to the computer and use eg Garmin basecamp or explore its internal storage for any length of time. It's only when I start the Garmin express that it is disconnected. And, yes, I'm shutting down the other programs before I start Garmin Express. I even restarted my computer before I started Garmin Express. I have installed Garmin express on another computer, used another usb cable but the same thing happens. Garmin express finds the Nuvi 2595 and it turns green as if it is connected. 5 seconds later it is disconnected and turns gray in Garmin express.

• Sorry, no further ideas or knowledge on any of that.

• Hi. I find a solution to the problem.
    I did like this:

1. Start NUVI by itself (not connected to a computer) and go to Volume Screen.
    2. Press the upper right hand corner of screen for 10 seconds.
    3. The Developers Screen will pop up.
    4. Scroll down to MTP SETTINGS.
    5. Change from AUTO DETECT to MASS STORAGE
    6. Shut down NUVI and connect it to your computer with USB cable

After i did this it works fine with Garmin express :-)