This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

traffic data on Navi 2597 no long supported.

I used to get Trafficdata on the major roads in Toronto with the Lifetime traffic data, yet I Never had the traffic Rx radio.  Now for the last year or more none.

I don’t understand what changed except Garmin express Map updates.  do I need a Memory card? I have 500 MB free. Pls advise

• Nothing to do with map updates, I suggest you contact Product Support as it may be an account issue

• That’s when it changed after a map and OS update included.  Its a free service, why does it say you need a radio when it worked from satellite data before?   FYI

• Well a OS update may have changed it, you just mentioned a map update before. However if you had traffic data before and now you don't I still suggest you contact Product Support as they should be able to help.  I've seen nothing to suggest those with lifetime traffic are no longer able to receive it.

Note traffic data never came via satellite, it has always been via a radio receiver of some type either in your device or via the power cable.

• Power cable was not getting signal. I had to loop it around the steering wheel to have the GPS on the console.  The radio was built in in spite of the model description on the website, then I got 4 bars instead of 3.  All is well now.   The dash summer heat killed the battery, hence the new location killed the traffic signal.  Too bad this model doesn’t warn you about searching for traffic until you get enough signal.

• Great, I'll close this thread