This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Drive has taken over my Garmin Folder

I bought a new Edge 530 to replace my 500, a couple of days ago.

Today, I see that my (free) Google Drive is almost full due to a large Garmin folder.

Did I choose that folder location? I don't remember doing it.

Can I move the folder to my desktop PC?

Is the folder necessary?

• OK, let me ask another way.

Can I delete my Garmin setup and start from new? Without downloading anything to Google Drive?

• Can I delete my Garmin setup and start from new? Without downloading anything to Google Drive?

You can delete the Garmin folder on Google drive to recover the space used but you need to exclude it first from Google Drive's external devices backup so it does not back it up again the next time you connect it.

It is under Computers/USB & External Devices/GARMIN/Garmin

Looks like Google Drive is setup to automatically backup any external media devices that are connected to your PC. You need to change the settings for the Google Drive application on your PC to exclude your Garmin 530 from automatic backup.

• Thanks.

I stumbled on a well-hidden tick box on the Google Drive preferences page on my PC.

It was backing up a 'GARMIN' folder. This in turn was activated whenever I connected my Edge 530 to my PC. I've un-ticked it and deleted the folder on Google Drive (again). I assume this will cure my problem.

Maybe one day I'll wish I did have a backup...