This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Zumo 595LM

I own this gps for over 3years. Ive have had no problems with it so far. Recently i was trying to update the maps but my pc dont recognize the unit. When i connect the zumo with usb the screen on gps apperas www.garmin.com/express but my laptop tells me USB failed to recognize the usb. I even found my old laptop with garmin express on it with zumo 595 on it. But when i connect the zumo there is gray dot on top and massage no connected. What else i cad do. I tryied inserting the card to laprop and changing 4 diffrent types of usb cables.

Paul

• This is probably the most aggravating thing I've experienced in a long time.  2 weeks ago I attached my 595 to my PC, I had to run Express in compatibility mode (win 8) but lined up updated the maps and software.  Tonight it will not hook up. The 595 just keeps coming up as if it was connected to a power source and the few times it came up with the PC graphic the PC didn't recognize it.  Why is this still an issue, you read forum after forum after forum with the same issue.  Why can't Garmin fix this?

• Because invariably it's a problem at the users end. I've been using Garmins for over 10 years and like most it's always worked perfectly. Suggest you try the steps in the FAQ above and if that doesn't help call Product Support for detailed help