This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

310xt cannot be found by Express.

310xt cannot be found by express.  unistalled and reinstalled Express, still cannot find device. does 7.0.1.0. not support this device?

• Do you use the cable for connection?

• yes, i used the original cable.  The 310 will charge but Express will not find device.  thanks 

• I assume you've plugged in the USB ANT stick to your computer?

• The cable is for charging only. For data transfer you need the ANT+ stick.

• Is this a new requirement?  I haven't used the 310 for a few years.  i have never owned  the stick and have been able to upload to a PC.  I've always used the cable in the past.  

thanks

• It's not a new requirement. It's what is needed to transfer data from the watch.

This is from the 310XT manual...

And just to be sure, you do have a 310XT, correct? It came out in 2009 and it was one of the last watches that used a USB ANT stick. 

• I've always used the cable in the past. 

Impossible. You are mistaken, for sure. Look at the cable. Two pins only. You cannot have USB data transfer over a two-pin cable.

• OK thanks, i guess we're good. For the record, i have plenty of training data on my old computer, from the 310 pictured above without ever using a stick, cable only.  I love the 310 display, big and easy to see during my training. Today, i had to ride with an Epix AND my 310 until i can learn how to set up my Epix face to match the 310's display setting.  

Did Garmin have a previous application that transfered data throug the cable? it may not have been Connet i used back in the day.  i know i have trafered data though that cable to my PC.  i know I'm still using a REALLY old device, but i love this thing and I like it better than the Epix for now.

Thanks for helping me through this

• Did Garmin have a previous application that transfered data throug the cable?

The cable is not physically capable of transferring data, only for charging. And the contacts on the 310XT are also not capable of transferring data.

Here's the cable that came with your 310XT

I'm wondering if you actually had the USB ANT stick installed by you or someone else, then the PC was replaced or you started using a different computer, then the stick was forgotten. Out of sight, out of mind. I also have a 310XT and I frequently charge with the cable while syncing using the USB ANT stick, so I can see why you might think the cable was doing all the work. I work in IT and this happens all the time with wireless keyboards. Computer gets replaced and tossed out along with the USB dongle. Thinking

At any rate, you can still purchase the USB ANT stick for ~$20 USD if you're interested in saving your activity history off of the 310XT. I'd give you mine, but I still use it occasionally. Wink