This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Server error dialog with GE 7.1.0.0

Not sure why a thread for a problem that is not solved yet must be closed.

I also get the 'Server error' dialog with the 7.0.1.0 update when trying to add my Edge 1030.

I also wrote to Garmin support 4 days ago and still no response from them.

For anyone with this problem I solved it by installing the 6.7.0.0 version, with it I could add my Edge 1030 without any problems and had time to 'Sync' my device without any problems.

After this GE updated itself to the latest version (7.0.1.0) and now when I try to access my Edge 1030 device I get the 'Request error Sorry we're having a problem communicating with our servers.'

And please do not close the thread as the problem is not solved yet. and the problem clearly is not on my side as with 6.7.0.0 worked.

• Previous thread was closed because it referred to v7.0.0

• Since I installed GE 7.0.0 I am unable to update my IQ apps on my 920XT. Every single time I try to update IQ Apps it shows server error. This is 7.0.1, problem persists.

From GE I am unable to update my watch apps.

When I try to install app via IQ store I get different error:

Still - GE 7.0.0. and 7.0.1 IS BROKEN.

• the situation is the same here, if i would like to login into GE ("if you already have navigation device or maps?, sign in" or similar here ), it is working, i mean, it is accepting my login name and password, there is no server error message and adding a "dumb" navigation device to the GE:

If i would like to add a connected device , it gives me a server error message ("our servers are not available, so the login is failed") , so something not good in GE for sure.

My IPS is Deutsche Telekom, the router was restarted many times, complete GE uninstall and reinstall , firewall disabled, no antivir (and it worked like a charm before 7.0 without any issue)

• I have the same problem.
    Updated, and the program can't connect to servers.

• Same problem here.

• actually I had exactly the same issue with 7.0.0.0 version while this latest 7.0.1.0 fixed the issue, it's not a problem of connection or antivirus/firewall, vers.7.0.0.0 was bugged

try this:

- uninstall

- reboot

- launch regedit and search through registry for garmin values then remove all of them

- reboot

- check windows updates, especially about Visual C++ and .NET

- reinstall GE

• i am trying to update to ver 7010. but i keep getting installation fail.

turn all the firewall and virus protection off, stll get the same error.

i tried to uninstall my current version, but i can't even uninstall the current version!  i tried this because on a new laptop that does not have garmin express on it. the 7010 is able to install.

please advice.

• does the installation process show any error message? in case report it

here's a guide you can follow, basicly you need to remove Garmin entries from your WinOS registry (you can skip the registry backup if you remove only Garmin entries)

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=CNYikpxnK73h9lU6YXTGr5

after you cleaned the registry, you can simply delete GE folder in c:\program files(x86), reboot and finally install GE

• I tried it all. 

Moreover, I tried install the new Express to a very clean Windows, without any previous express version (no installation errors). 

I got server connection error with both 7.0.0.0 and 7.0.1.0. The 6.21 works fine on the same machine. 

(fun fact, if I gave a wrong password, the system warn me that my password is not valide, so the program can login, but can’t make any further communication).