This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Music Folder Icon

I'm having a problem getting Garmin Express to locate my itunes folder. According to the help section there should be a Folder icon to the right of "My Music" but it is not there. Only a "Music Apps" box. Any advice as to where this folder icon might be?

• When I launch Garmin Express and go to Music, I have two buttons at the top: My Music and Music Apps. I'm using iTunes as my music manager. If you're not seeing both buttons in GE, there could be a couple of things going on. I'll describe what works on my system.

If you have not set  iTunes as your music manager, you might need to do that step. Go to Setting (click the gear near the top right of Garmin Express), then click Music. Here you can select iTunes as the way you'll manage music on your device. If you're lucky, that will solve the problem.

If that doesn't solve it, you may have a more "complicated" setup. I initially ran into a lot problems trying to sync iTunes music to my device. Actually, it's still a problem. I just know what to do about it now.

If you happen to have your iTunes library on any drive other than C:, check out this thread and my long explanation of how I finally got Garmin Express to "see" my iTunes library.

https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mac-windows-software/f/garmin-express-windows/155945/garmin-express-wont-recognise-itunes/

One other note that may save you some frustration later . . . I think it's still the case that you can only sync music that is part of your purchased collection and in your local music library. If you're an Apple Music subscriber, I don't think you can sync songs or playlists that reside in Apple Music.

Best of luck with it! I know it's frustrating.

• Hi mate, 

I have just figured this out this morning. 

1. Go into your settings - top right, wheel toggle button. 

2. Select the manual checkbox

3. Click ok

4. Close Garmin Express

5. Quit Garmin Express totally

6. Open and run Garmin Express

7. Once up and running, click on the Music tab. 

8. The add folder will appear next to the My Music label. 

Cheers Slight smile