This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GE can't detect release FW version on Edge 1030 correctly

I just installed the FW 9.50 release on my 1030. Now, when I connect the 1030 to my PC and and start GE, GE says that the 1030 is up to date with 9.10. GE 6.21 on Win10 x64. Screenshots below:

GE

• Possibly the xml fle didn't update correctly, delete GarminDevice.xml file from the Garmin folder on your device, then reboot the device. Then switch off and connect to Express, now does it show the correct version?

• I just completed the sequence you suggested. GE still thinks the 1030 is running 9.10 FW

• Then I'm out of ideas.

• I would not worry about it.  When the files get uploaded to GC, it will show the correct FW version of the device.  My experience is GE does not seem to know the FW version of the device unless it has downloaded it to the device.

I suspect there is something going on with the latest Edge FW roll out otherwise Garmin would not have put the zip file in the forum for each of the X30 devices.  My wife's Edge 830 updated in the pushed 10% via WiFi, but also showed up in GE.  My Edge did not get it, so I updated via the forum ZIP file.  Mine still shows the previous version in GE.  It will eventually get sorted out.  Maybe when the next FW is released.  It does not cause any problems that I can tell at the moment.