This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express Windows 6.21.0.0 does not recognize device is disconnected wants to update map version already installed.

Garmin Express Windows wants to update a map already installed on my Edge Explore. It downloads the map, but indicates that the instalaation failed. After I disconnect the device, Garmin Express still indicates the device is connected and searches for updates. 

I assume that Garmin Express is the problem. Any solutions?

• Well, I have the exact same problem here with a Fenix 5X Plus I just bought. Device is connected, there is a green dot in the top bar that says "Connected" but when clicking on Install for the map update, the program wants me to plug in the device...

I have tried to reinstall the GarminExpress but it says it's already installed,the current version.

I have tried 2 different cables. The watch is charging while this is going on.

After trying many times, it finally did go into syncing for a few seconds and then existed. Trying again several times, now it is stuck syncing at about 25%.

This is embarrassing. This is not a cheap product. I like the watch, but how good is it if it's not working?

• Locking this thread as you've double posted