This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows can see my device (Montana 600), Basecamp can see it, but Garmin Express CANNOT

I've changed cables, tried different USB ports, rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled express and there are no conflicts showing in device manager

any suggestions?

• also, I'm running on windows 10, three month old computer..  all the latest updates.. and yes, I have downloaded the latest express..  multiple times

• Try this FAQ https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=mRDnfmUx6N6GOV12S3amcA

As you mention BaseCamp ensure that is closed when running Express, see the FAQ

• thanks, but I already mentioned I did all those steps..  funny thing is.. when GE first loads, it doesn't even show me an option for adding a device.  in past versions, and on my Mac, it shows a big blue PLUS and says "Add a device"  but when I load it now, it doesn't even show that..  Now that was yesterday afternoon..  I left my device plugged in and the GE app running, then this morning, I noticed that the big blue PLUS actually shows.. but after clicking it, and it going away for about five minutes, it still won't find my device..   I know windows 10 is flaky as well as many of the apps (I've been using windows since version 2 back in early 90's) and garmin software has never been exactly stellar,  so I'm going to say it's a write off at least on this machine.