This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 10 + first install Garmin Express 6.19.4.0 = error message "it's not possible to install" :-(

It's not possible to install Garmin Express 6.19.4.0 on my new brand notebook HP ENVY
It was the first installation on this PC.

Installed: visual studio 2019, VisualStudioCode, nodejs 12.x.

Screenshot - www.dropbox.com/.../Garmin-Expresss-not-possible-install.jpg

I've downloaded installation Windows OS file - https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/

After each installation file run I see an Error message -
"Installation this program for your PC is impossible" - here it is my translation =

Screenshot - www.dropbox.com/.../PC-req-not-possible.jpg

I've got installed Net FrameWork - version (528040)
.NET Framework 4.8 528040

Also installed: visual studio 2019, VisualStudioCode, nodejs 12.x.

According to this article, I've found my NET version -
docs.microsoft.com/.../how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

Screenshot - www.dropbox.com/.../NET-Framework.jpg
Windows 10 + first install Garmin Express 6.19.4.0 = error message again :-(
====================

I've read those tips support.garmin.com/.../

It didn't help me:

1) Run as Admin did
2) AntiVirus was disabled
3) Restart was done
4) The process was not frozen in the Task Manager

I've read this post - forums.garmin.com/.../windows-10-6-19-3-0-garmin-express-could-not-be-installed-on-this-computer

But I can't reinstall old C++ software :-(

I need those new software tools for my work.

Any suggestions?

Does it mean, that the new version of Garmin Express 6.19.4.0 is not compatible with new C++ software?

• Garmin BaseCamp was installed successfully.

Hey, Garmin Software Dev.! Are you going to fix C++ remove - install problem?

Look at forum posts... there are a lot of problems with Windows installation for Garmin Express. :-( 

• I am experiencing the same issue on my Windows 10 PC.  I corresponded by email about the problem and they just sent me the tips that do not resolve.  I referred them to this forum to point out that I am not the only one having a C++ compatibility issue but never received a response. Garmin ?  Are you going to update your installer ???

• I think it's shocking that a company the size of Garmin could release a REQUIRED update, that does not install reliably on the worlds most used operating system. I have the same problem and cannot update my satnav as Garmin Express "cannot be installed" on my windows 10 computer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you doing to resolve this Garmin ?

• It's installed on both of mine Slight smile

• I'm very happy for you Sussamb.

I think a lot more people are affected by this than are posting about it given this post alone has had over 250 views. Some have mentioned its related to newer versions of Ms C++ runtime, but I have removed all versions and it still fails with the same error.