This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The future of iTunes for Windows

If you've been following the tech news, you may have heard that Apple announced iTunes for Mac will be split into three separate apps: Music, Podcasts, and TV. (See details at Engadget.) As far as I know, nothing has been announced yet about what will happen to iTunes for Windows. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Windows version is eventually split as well.

IF iTunes for Windows is split, using Garmin Express to sync music and podcasts on a Windows platform could become even more difficult. The Windows users among us with our iTunes libraries on D:\ instead of C:\ already know that syncing music via Garmin Express can be clunky. If we find ourselves with different apps to sync music and podcasts, the sync process could get even more difficult.

I'll be watching the tech sites for any news about the fate of iTunes for Windows!

• According to this story, It sounds like iTunes for Windows will be unchanged . . . for now. However, it's hard to imagine Apple continuing a lot of active development on iTunes for Windows when they're eliminating iTunes for the Mac.

I guess we'll all just have to stay tuned.

• I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Apple is also doing the right thing by splitting iTunes into simpler apps rather than the big unwieldy mess it has become. This is a significant cause of the current clunkiness so you may find the successor apps actually play nicer with Garmin.  Also, storing music on your desktop PC is a bit old hat now and many more people will be using cloud-based storage and apps like Spotify and whatever the Apple equivalent becomes in the future. Again these apps are likely to work better with connected devices, like Garmin's, being designed from the ground up to work with them and Apple has already promised to port the licences for any music you have purchased. 

• I am not so familiar with this but my iTunes is responding properly. It is asking for verification again and again. It is showing iTunes verification failed. I have verified this properly but again it is showing the same things.