This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express will not Update, Uninstall or Install.

I had a problem updating from 6.13.1.0 to 6.14.1.0 and contacted Support.

The programme would not update, it would not uninstall, and it would not install. I had administrator permissions but that made no difference. I tried updating, and uninstalling in Safe Mode, but that did not work either.

Support replied thus:

What error message are you getting? Can you provide a screenshot? If this is failing to uninstall, you may need to remove Garmin Express from the registry, for advice on doing this I'd advise talking to Microsoft support. 

Rather than send screen shots, talk to MS, or fiddle about with the registry, I tried using the programme from this link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

This programme Fixes problems that block programs from being installed or removed.

It worked, and I carried on using Express to update my device, a 770 Camper.

Yesterday I connected the device and was informed that another Express Update was available, 6.14.1.0 to 6.14.2.0, and the same problem arose.

Before I get back to Support, has anybody else experienced this problem, or am I out on a limb ?