This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express keeps demanding I log in for each device since last update

Never had this problem before. Latest update forces me to re-sign in for each device before I can do any sync. Even after putting in my credentials, it just goes back to that sign in screen like it never accepted it in the first place, although I can (X) out and use the syncing on the device.

Very annoying, especially since I am always running it in the background of my laptop.

• Same problem here.  Very frustrating and annoying.

• Same problem here. Unfortunately this issue is also not resolved with the new version 6.16.0.0

Really hope this gets resolved by Garmin since it's quite annoying....

• Latest update forces me to re-sign in for each device before I can do any sync.

This started for me with latest update, before was ok. Now I have exactly the same problem.

As this topic is 2 months old - we clearly can't count on garmin to fix it in reasonable time. The best solution for now is to use macro (like AutoHotkey or similar) to auto fill login window.

Or maybe rollback to older versions, but I didn't test it.

• Of course garmin is still too lazy to fix this, so here is my script which can speed up this lame thing.

Replace with your e-mail and password, then compile using AutoHotkey. Then run it when login dialog pop-up, the script auto fill login data and close second pop-up. Then you are logged-in, just click on your device.

WinActivate, Garmin Express
    Sleep, 100

WinGetClass, class_id, Garmin Express

MouseClick, left, 65, 90
    Sleep, 100
    clipboard = !!!YOUR-E-MAIL!!!
    Send, {Ctrl down}av{Ctrl up}
    Sleep, 100
    Send, {TAB}
    Sleep, 100
    clipboard = !!!YOUR-PASSWORD!!!
    Send, {Ctrl down}av{Ctrl up}
    clipboard =
    Sleep, 100
    Send, {TAB}{ENTER}
    Sleep, 100

new_class_id = %class_id%
    While(new_class_id == class_id)
    {
        WinGetClass, new_class_id, Garmin Express
        Sleep, 100
    }

Send, {Alt down}{F4}{Alt up}
    Sleep, 100

If somebody wants, you can add to script to first auto run the "Express" app, so it can be even faster to log-in, but I didn't add it, as some antiviruses can be suspicious for scripts which run another program. So above script just fill data, but need to be run manually after manually starting the "Express" app.

• "Express" was updated again, and of course this problem wasn't fixed.

Now it's even worse, you need to try few times to log-in. Sometimes login pop-up shows: "404 Server error"...

404 Server error

• Have you tried removing your device from Express then re-adding it?

• I have few devices and log-in pops-up for each device separately, so I don't think removing a device will change anything. And that random "server error" just confirms that something is messed up with the login process.

• Well it often does, and only takes seconds, particularly necessary sometimes if you've updated Express 

• Ok, your advice looks like a workaround for this problem, so thank you.

I removed one device, then added it again (but it takes same time, you need to pass whole adding creator again). And after reopening the "Express" - login for this one device was automatic.

But other device was still asking for log-in. So looks like you need to remove all your devices, and then add them again, one by one.

So still garmin should fix it, if re-adding works, they should just re-add devices automatically or something.

• Well that couldn't happen unless you  reconnected every device Slight smile but glad it's been resolved for you