This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Have to keep entering username/password into Express

Each time I select my device in Garmin Express it keeps prompting me to login, it doesn't seem to save the login.
I enter the login details, it prompts again but if I dismiss the dialog and then select the device again it shows the sync status etc of the device.
This has been happening with Garmin Express v6.12 and also the previous version v6.11.x.
Within Garmin Express I have 3 devices set-up linked to 3 different accounts and they all do the same - have to keep entering the username/password each time I want to sync.
Any ideas?
  • Each time I try to go to my device in Garmin Express, it asks me for my username and password, once and again, I can't get into the program. I think this happens since I last updated it a few days ago. Has anybody found a way to solve this? Thank you,

Lide
  • I have the same issue, I've found though that after inputting username and password once, the next time it prompts you, close the window by clicking on the x, then choose your device again, it should work then. Pain though having do it.
  • Righto it's now really annoying me. I run two devices and I'ts now beyond a joke continuously prompting for user and password repeatedly. Every time I go between devices i need to re-enter the data.
  • I can't believe the latest update didn't fix this problem! FFS!
  • I just added device #5 to the list - this time registered in my wife's name / e-mail address - and without any problems.

I also never experienced that particular problem with GE as well.

So I daresay issue sits elsewhere.
  • I have also the same issue. I enter my credentials press enter and again it asks for my credentials. When entering my credentials and clicking the cross and selecting my F5+ it opens.
    After when I close GE (after a few seconds already) and try to login again I have the issue again. After logging in again I see that same updates I just updated maybe minutes before.
    This is defitnly a bug introduces since the last update of GE.

A re-install solved the issue for me untill now.
  • in case a normal install / uninstall doesn't help then

you could try to do a forced clean:
    - uninstall garmin express
    - delete (or backup to somewhere else) the folder %ProgramData%\Garmin\CoreService\Devices
    - install garmin express
    - re-register your devices
  • I had the same problem on v 6.13. Uninstall and reinstall fixed it. Anoying but sorted.
  • Not sure if it was my last phone update or Connect update but I have to go through the whole new watch registration process every day made worse if the phone gets powered off. Please raise a bug fix report.

• This is still an ongoing problem and makes the software look really amateurish. 

It's been a long term issue with no apparent attempt by Garmin to fix it. 

Very unimpressive.