This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"This may take a minute..." GARMIN EXPRESS can NOT sign in to GARMIN CONNECT

i can not sync my Garmin Express with Garmin Connect since update 6.9.1.0
i update to 6.10.0.0 but i have still the same problem.
doesnt matter if i click on "Create an Account" or on "Sign In" it get stuck a "This may take a minute..." forever

- reinstalled Garmin Express a few times
- check my PCs time and date settings
- deleted "C:\Users\Fun_Tits\AppData\Roaming\Garmin" and "C:\Users\Fun_Tits\AppData\Local\Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid" and "C:\Users\Fun_Tits\AppData\Local\Garmin"

I am an IT-guy i know what to do so please dont tell me to restart my computer -
  • Have you tried removing the device from Express and re-adding it? That normally resolves issues after an Express update.

Incidentally I'm not sure what you mean by "I am an IT-guy i know what to do so please dont tell me to restart my computer", do you mean you've done it or not??
  • I too have the same problem with my vivofit and Garmin Express v 6.11.1.0

Only get a blank screen when I try to Sign In.

I removed Garmin Express completely from my windows 10 Laptop.
    Downloaded the latest version from Garmin.
    Installed it with admin rights.
    Started it and added my 2 Garmin GPS Units with no problems at all.
    Then I went to add my vivofit back in.
    Paired the vivofit.
    It found it.
    Then I click on Sign In and a blank window pops up and nothing happens.

When I reinstall my GPS units I had no problems to Sign In.

Event updated my DriveSmart 61 with the latest maps.
    No problems at all.

Checked to make sure I had the latest Windows 10 updates (all were there)

Can update my data using my Connect app from Garmin with no problems at all.

Can connect to Garmin Connect via my web browser and see all my date again no problems at all.

This has been going on now for over a week since I got an update for Garmin Express.

ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1448285.jpg
  • Update:

After many times uninstalling and reinstalling v6.11.1.0 I gave up.
    I found v6.7.1.0 in the internet and installed it.

All is now working with my vivofit.

I have blocked and updates to Garmin Express until they come up with a fix to v6.11.1.0.
    There is some type of bug with this version.......
  • Update:

After many times uninstalling and reinstalling v6.11.1.0 I gave up.
    I found v6.7.1.0 in the internet and installed it.

All is now working with my vivofit.

I have blocked and updates to Garmin Express until they come up with a fix to v6.11.1.0.
    There is some type of bug with this version.......

You're not losing your mind, a similar thing is happening to me since the 6.11.1.0 update. I'm also in IT (for several decades) and know something about trouble shooting computer issues which is what I know your original point was. Yes, we've probably both restarted our computers (I sure have). I connect my Edge 500, start up GE and the first thing it does is prompt me for a login (that's never happened before). Then it wants to install an update, which as far as I can tell is updated time zone information. It seems to succeed but next time does the same thing. Meantime, it continues to ask for my login before finally, after cancelling this window a couple times, I finally get a "Sync" button.

This is on Windows 7 fully patched.
  • I have a similar issue, I am running Garmin Express V 6.11.1.0 on an HP AMD 8-7410 processor PC with Windows 10 Home Edition V1803, since the last update I get a sign in screen asking for email and password, I enter it and it seems to think about it for a while then sends me back to the screen with email and password. I have changed my password, checked it all to no avail.
  • And with an update to v 6.12.0.0 nothing seems to have changed.
    Running as Administrator:
    Continues to ask me for my login and then bounces back to ask again, until I finally cancel it. Login is correct though.
    Continues to prevent me from doing anything until I update my time zone data, which I dutifully do. But always asks me to do so again (with no apparent errors).
    Finally need to cancel this window to get to the Home icon in the upper left, and then click on my devce AGAIN before I can get a "sync" button.
  • Bonjour,

J'ai aussi ce problème avec la 6.12 l’écran de connexion est blanc
    Le support Garmin m'a fait vérifier un certain nombre de points, tout est ok (windows update, .net framework...)
    çà ne marche toujours pas
    c'est bien un problème de version , j'ai essayé avec 6.7 l'écran de connexion a bien les deux champs courriel mot de passe
    malheureusement il me force à installer la mise à jour vers 6.12 et je n'ai pas le temps de saisir
    j'ai pourtant coché jamais dans les paramètres programme, pourtant il me force à mettre à jour
    Je suis bloquée..

ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1458285.jpg
  • Did you ever get this to to work?  I getting the same error with the 245 music and 6.15 version of Garmin Express.

• This was a great idea, thanks so much! Was running into the same "This may take a minute" issue on my mac, so found an older version online which seemed to work. 

• I found the same problem on my mac - but when I quit Garmin Express and relaunched it - it worked. I don't expect that's the solution for everyone, but it worked for me.