This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Zumo 595 cant install maps on PC for Basecamp

Hello,

Last Fryday I unpacked my new Zumo 595LM Europe Travel Edition. I connect it with my mobile pc and start the update process.

He installed the new firmware and the actual map 2019.10

On a second turn i try to install the map on the PC for using in basecamp without the zumo.

But I cant find any button like the old Zumo 660. In the menue from the zumo 660 i hav the ways, 1 only zumo, 2 zumo and pc, 3. only pc

The Problem is, I use Bascamp for planing some motorbike tours without the Zumo on this mobile pc. I on some business trips in my hotel room in the evening! For busness traveling by train oder plane I dont need my zuno!

Is this a new bug in GE?
  • That button only appears after there is an update available for the map that came with your Zumo. In the meantime you have two options. Run BaseCamp with your Zumo connected or copy the maps to a sd card, memory stick or virtual removable drive and BC will read the map from there. Note the map files need to be in a folder named Garmin
  • Hello,

thanks for answer.

But the acutall installed 2019.10 map was the first update that the 595 recieve. If I connect the 595 at first time he take 3 system Updates an 1 map update.

I have also a 590 in use, this one gone to my son (on his F800GS) after my new 5905 is running (for my K1200RS). I sold my old 660.

By the 590 and 660 routines in GE always i can choose the installation type when I connect the Zumo on GE.

Have the 595 installation routine a different way?
  • No, but if download to PC isn't available then perhaps you're mistaken.. However if you still have your 590 you could install the map using that and GE.
  • Hello,

i don't think i'm wrong, i made a screenshot with both pictures of the 590 and 595.

With the 590 the download to the PC is not offered with the 595. Here is only the additional link available to change the regions of the worldwide map. This is part of the Travel Edition.

If I sell the 590 now, I can't load maps on my PC anymore.
    It would be nice if Garmin fixes this bug so that you can use the products completely.

the language in the screenshots was german.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1401850.png
  • There isn't a bug. Express downloads the map correctly. If you don't have the button yet you will next time you update your 595.

In the meantime, or if not, you can do what I suggested above.
  • Hello,

today, GE offered me the update to 2019.20 for my Zumo 595.

The only option was "Install the card on the Zumo"There is no way to Install the card on the PC!

So I think, that was a bug. Why I can´t use the map stand alone on my PC in Bascamp??

• I've just seen that if you have the travel edition it's not possible to download the map to your PC. You could though copy the map to a removable drive, eg a memory stick, and use that instead of having to connect your Zumo.